Monday, November 23, 2009

Retro lamp repair



My sister goes to a lot of auctions and picks up things on the curb. She got this lamp and gave it to me but it didn't work. I went to Lowe's and an employee was showing me where the kits were to rewire the lamp (because I asked for that). However, he told me it is usually just the socket. He then told me how to determine if it is just the socket and how to repair it. So, I purchased the stuff and fixed it myself for $3!!! I had another lamp I got at an auction that did work but my grand puppy chewed the plug off. I fixed that myself, too, since I've waited many months for my husband to do it. Really makes me mad to see how quick and easy the repair is and I've waited so long for help. I'm just so happy with myself I could explode!

I'm showing two images...one with the light on so you can see it works and one with the light off so you can see the cool shade. It's that old fashioned gold speckled stuff.

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Okay, Tina, I am going to ask you again:

Is there anything you CAN'T do?

xoxo

Diamante Luz said...

I like the lamp. It is fun without being too out-there.

It is funny you posted pics with the lamp on and off.

Peace & Love,

- Diaman

Rianne said...

Hi Tina, wonderful job. I knew you could do this. Don't ever wait for men, you will be disappointed LOL.
Love the lamp too, at first i thought you stamped on it.
hugs rianne